Thursday, January 26, 2012

Daily Download: Week Two: Wednesday

Day Two: I woke up this morning feeling great. I wasn't hungry {surprisingly} and my body felt abnormally good and tight {in a toned way}. I jumped on the scale before my shower and noticed I had lost 1 lb from the prior morning's weigh in session {while I understand this will be hard to maintain, it was pretty damn cool to see!}However, my excitement quickly faded once I got into the swing of my new daily food routine.

5:30am: a hearty breakfast of room temp water with lemon

{Texting with Tessa to give each other a pep talk. It wasn't very peppy}

6:30am: peppermint herbal tea {my stomach was growling at this point}

9am: blueberry/almond milk smoothie - for some reason this tasted way worse today and was difficult to choke down, plus I waited to long to finish it and it was a bit nasty toward the end. That resulted in me throwing away half of it.

{Cue growling tummy}

11:30am: part of the container of coconut water...still not a fan.

{Called Tessa to complain that I want to quit, she was not nearly as positive as yesterday but still a voice of reason.}

3:30pm: drug out lunch as long as I could - detox Teriyaki chicken - because I knew that I really didn't want to eat the miso soup that was outlined as our 4pm snack. My chicken was pretty good - although I didn't have the energy to run upstairs to the microwave at work so I ate it cold....and the fridge here must be cold because parts of my chicken were frozen. Mmmm...chicken popsicles.

7:30pm:  finally home from work {stomach growling in my car the entire way} and heated up the miso soup {thought it would be better than the broccoli & arugula soup from the night before}. Choked down part of it and threw the rest out. Made another glass of herbal tea and threw a lemon in it for good measure...quickly drank that and went to bed soon after.

Water: tons of water, more water than I've ever drank, thus lots of bathroom breaks to go along with it.

I am miserable...I agree with the women from the OWH article, the only thing keeping me afloat is looking back on my goals for this cleanse - losing some lbs and proving my husband wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment