Saturday, January 28, 2012

Daily Download: Week Two: Friday

Day Four: The only thing keeping me on this cleanse is the weight loss and relatively healthy feeling I have each morning. While I realize I won't retain all of the loss, it has been a great jump start to shedding some lbs and eating better. I'm down 3lbs total since starting this nonsense and while I'm not having the same weight loss results as my cleanse partners in crime {they are both around 10 lbs!} I think it's because I haven't been working out which it recommends. It's so hard to try and balance the morning routine {I'm already getting up at 5am with no time for exercise baked in}, drive to work in the dark and drive home from work in the dark to spend some time with little man & daddy. By the time we get him fed and put down for bed, I'm exhausted and ready for bed myself {if I don't have emails to catch up on from all day meetings at work}. I know...this is just a pile of excuses, but it's the truth and I don't think I anticipated not being able to make time to workout when I started this cleanse...and perhaps I started this too soon after having just returned to work and not having gotten 100% caught up there yet.


5am: 32oz lemon water - room temp of course

7:45am: oatmeal {had to sneak this in before a 4 hour work meeting & a lunch meeting in the buffet following so that I wouldn't fall over from starvation}

8:30am: peppermint herbal tea {refilled in the middle of the meeting}

12pm: blueberry & almond milk smoothie {was supposed to have a lunch meeting at the buffet BUT our morning meeting ran over...it worked in my favor}

2:30pm: raw carrot sticks & green beans & an apple

4:30pm: herbal tea & handful blueberries

7pm: detox chicken & herbal tea

Water: lots today. I would say 80 oz

I look back on the article and for this being the end of day four, I'm not feeling the way she did. I don't have a ton of energy, my skin isn't glowing and I'm still crabby and wondering why I did this damn thing in the first place. At least we're finally over halfway done...

No comments:

Post a Comment