Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Daily Download: Week Two: Tuesday

Day One: Well it's here...day one of the seven day Goop Cleanse. Here is what I started with this morning - each of my carefully planned steps throughout the day. I weighed in right at my pre-preggo weight and will use this number as a guide throughout these seven days to understand if I'm shedding any pounds. I've started this day excited to see if I can finish this cleanse and prove myself {and a few others} wrong.


My entire day's intake packaged for work
 
5am: I woke up and got a glass of room termperature water w/ lemon to drink while I was getting ready for work.

About as filling as it looks

7am: herbal tea {decaf}. I had heated up water for my tea at home and then realized I didn't have a travel mug, so after dropping off little man I hit up Scooter's. I asked if they had a decaf herbal tea, but theirs were all flavored and I didn't think that would fly so I asked for a cup of hot water and then passed my tea bag through the window for them to add to it. Surprisingly they were cool with this. {As I'm drinking my tea, my stomach is growling...when do I get my smoothie?!?!}


Peppermint Herbal Tea

9am: I held off as long as I could for my blueberry smoothie {1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 1 1/2 cups almond milk, scoop whey protein powder and scoop Probiotics green powder}. It was pretty decent...until I tried to make it last and it separated. {Note to self: drink quickly}.


Blueberry Smoothie
12pm: time for a coconut water. I'd had one of these when I was preggo to help with leg cramps and hated it...so I wasn't looking forward to it. It didn't help when I had my co-worker try it first and she basically did everything but throw up in my office. Great...well bottoms up.

1:30pm: lunch time was made up of a salad with mixed spring greens and the carrot & ginger dressing we made. It was ok...not great, but ok.

OMG I need caffiene. I've told everyone in my office space that I'm doing a cleanse {or they've stopped by after hearing me dry heave} so all I could think of is how I could sneak a can of diet mt. dew and open it without the person next to me hearing it....I.can.do.this.

3:30pm: for a snack I got to indulge in a handful of unsalted, boring old pumpkin & sunflower seeds. As sad as it is to say, this was one of the best things of the day...behind the smoothie!


Unsalted sunflower & pumpkin seeds
On my way home I had to use all of my will power not to allow my hands to turn the wheel into a gas station to get a diet mt. dew. My head throbbed from a caffiene headache. Surprisingly, I prevailed.

7:30pm: I heated up the broccoli & arugula soup that we prepared Sunday while talking on the phone with Tessa about how miserable I was...fortunately she was the voice of reason to my extremely unreasonable requests to quit. She said she didn't mind the soup and was excited for me to try and tell her what I thought. After getting off the phone, I tried it and did everything I could not to let myself spit it out. I asked Nick if he would try it...and he did...and he complained for 15 minutes about the disgusting taste in his mouth {me: "well, just use those thin mints you were just eating to cover up the taste."}. So I did what any other 30 year old woman would do - I plugged my nose, took a huge swig of almost half the bowl soup and then ditched the rest of it down the drain. I figured it would tide me over until I could feed Cruz and hopefully fall quickly asleep and ignore my growling stomach.

Water: tons of water - close to 80oz I would say

Exercise: none...and don't judge me or you'll get what's coming to you

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow, lady! This is intense!

    I will say, the lbs started to melt off for me around 3 months post-partum and I'm actually a pound lighter than I was pre-pregnancy now. The linea nigra faded away (well, ok, mostly) 4 months post-baby. So hang in there and give yourself a few more weeks to let your body adjust after baby.

    ReplyDelete